COVID-19 vaccine for kids aged between 15-18 starts today – Here’s how you can book your slot
- Children aged between 15-18 years are now included in the new vaccination programme.
- According to the guidelines by the Union Health Ministry, Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin is the only available option for this group.
- According to the data given on the CoWin platform, over 3.5 lakh children in India aged between 15-18 years have registered for their first dose of COVID-19 shot.
According to the guidelines by the Union Health Ministry, Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin is the only available option for this group (between 15-18 years). All the states/union territories will get additional doses of Covaxin to administer this population.
According to the Health Ministry, all the necessary protocols regarding the vaccination of children aged between 15-18 years will be strictly followed. Beneficiaries will have to wait for half an hour after the administration of the COVID-19 dose to be monitored for Adverse Events Following Immunisation (AEFI) and then only be eligible for the second dose after 28 days.
AdvertisementAround 145 million of the population in India have been vaccinated against COVID-19, according to the Union Health Ministry data. And around 61 million people have got their second dose of COVID-19, while more than 84 million have received their first dose.
According to the data given on the CoWin platform, over 3.5 lakh children in India aged between 15-18 years have registered so far for their first dose of COVID-19 shot, as of January 2, 2022.
The eligible population can register themselves on the CoWin app. The registrations had started on January 1, 2022. They also have a walk-in registration option starting from today, i.e., January 3.
How to book a COVID-19 vaccination slot for children aged between 15-18 years
The Health Ministry has confirmed that the vaccination slot for children can be booked from a new or from an existing account.
- Open the CoWin website on any smart device.
- After opening, scroll down a little, you will see an option to book slots for children under the name ‘Vaccination for Children’, click on that.
- Then, enter your new or existing mobile number for one-time password (OTP).
- If you are a new member, then click on ‘Register Member’. Add all your details including year of birth, photo ID proof and number and then click on register.
- Your number will be registered and then you can schedule an appointment for the vaccine.
- If you have an existing number, then you simply click on ‘add new member’ and then enter all the details.
- Click on ‘schedule’ on the right hand side of your screen and schedule an appointment according to your time and location.
- After booking your slot, you will get an SMS on your registered mobile number and a confirmation letter, which you will have to download before going for your appointment.
Mamaearth says it has turned profitable as revenue neared ₹500 crore last year
Tata Motors, Maruti Suzuki, Future Retail and other hot stocks on the first trading day of 2022
Popular on BI
- Seven eminent persons from Tamil Nadu have been conferred with Padma Shri award for 2022
- These are some new initiatives planned for the Republic Day celebrations
- Q4 2021 records highest Ad Volumes for a quarter since 2019 with a bumper festive spike: BARC
- Future Retail's independent directors haved turned down Amazon's financial support offer
- Fake news continues to be a major concern for 64% news consumers in India: Ormax Media report