Inside Verily's work with an $18 billion health system to change how doctors get paid
Welcome to Insider Healthcare. I'm
- A $18 billion health system is partnering with Verily and Google Cloud to make value-based care work;
- Longtime healthcare investors say new tech investors are pushing company valuations higher;
- Investors have been reluctant to fund Medicaid companies, but startups like Cityblock are changing their minds.
The CEO of an $18 billion health system shared how it's partnering with Verily to transform the way doctors provide care
- Highmark Health, a major insurer and health system, is working with
Verilyto transform care.
- They're arming doctors with data to manage patients, said David Holmberg, Highmark Health's CEO.
- It's a key part of Highmark's strategy to reward doctors for the quality of care they provide.
Here's why longtime healthcare investors urge caution against the influx of funding from tech firms like Tiger Global Management
- Healthcare investors like Oak HC/FT and Andreessen Horowitz are making big bets on
- They said larger tech investors are partially responsible for pushing valuations higher.
- Andreessen's Julie Yoo said she can't wait for "exploding term sheets" to go away.
- Medicaid-focused startups have raised millions but are still a small part of digital health.
- Cityblock and Unite Us were among the biggest fundraisers this year.
- Executives from both companies told Insider how they scored investments.
More stories we're reading:
- Trial announced for 'first-of-its-kind' vaccine to prevent breast cancer (Insider)
- A common antidepressant could be a new COVID-19 treatment (The New York Times)
- Immunocompromised Americans who had a 3rd COVID-19 shot can now get a 4th, CDC says (Insider)
- People's physical boundaries have changed due to the pandemic (Scientific American)
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Not just India, many countries are protecting their wheat to keep daily bread, affordable
- Billionaire wealth rose more in 2 years than in the last 23 years combined
- IT giant Infosys reappoints Salil Parekh as CEO and MD for next five years
- WhatsApp will end support for iOS 10 and iOS 11 from October onwards
- Xiaomi and Leica partner for a flagship device, Xiaomi 12 Ultra expected to launch in July
- Zomato, HDFC, HDFC Bank, Paytm and other hot stocks to watch out for on May 23