Pfizer brought in $3.5 billion from COVID-19 vaccine sales in the first 3 months of 2021
Pfizeron Tuesday reported its financials for the first three months of 2021.
- The pharmaceutical company brought over $3 billion from sales of its
- It expects to generate $26 billion in revenue from the shot through the rest of the year.
Pfizer has sold hundreds of millions of doses of its
Sales of the two-shot vaccine made up nearly a quarter of the pharmaceutical giant's first-quarter revenues of $14.6 billion, easily its biggest income driver, though the company has been tight-lipped about how those sales translate to profits.Shares of Pfizer were little changed in early trading Tuesday following the results.
"Based on what we've seen, we believe that a durable demand for our
Other drug companies like Johnson & Johnson and AstraZeneca have pledged not to profit on their vaccines until the pandemic is under control. Pfizer has said it will not profit from the sale of its vaccine to poorer countries.
- Bharat Biotech begins covid 19 COVAXIN supply to 14 states based on central government's guidance
- This is the time for brands to play their part as responsible corporate citizens: Dheeraj Sinha, Leo Burnett
- Fauci, America's top medical advisor, calls on countries to help India make vaccines
- Karnataka witnesses chaos on the first day of its two-week lockdown
- KR Gowri, political leader and member of Kerala's first ministry, passes away