Telangana will pay police in full with extra cash incentives even as civil servants pay is slashed
The decision to pay full salary and incentive to employees of the medical and health department and police personnel was taken at a high-level meeting chaired by Chief Minister K.
The Chief Minister will announce the incentive in a day or two.
The government has already announced salary cut for all its employees in the wake of the crisis triggered by spread of COVID-19 and resultant lockdown. The cut has been imposed according to grade and service cadres.
The highest cut of 75 per cent was imposed on salaries of the Chief Minister, State cabinet, MLCs, MLAs,
Salaries of Class IV, outsourced and contract employees will be cut by 10 per cent as per the government.
SEE ALSO: Telangana Coronavirus cases rise to 129, 9 dead, 14 cured
Popular on BI
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu