Marketing 101: Rajasthan Royals change their Twitter bio to ‘hoping 2020 does a Rahul Tewatia’
IPLteam updated its twitter bio to – Hoping 2020 does a Rahul Tewatia– as a homage to the epic turnaround by the batsman during the nail biting match with Kings XI Punjab.
- Tewatia’s sensational comeback included hitting five sixes in a row towards the end of the match.
- Twitter erupted in awe, calling Tewatia’s turnaround one of the best ever.
Just like 2020, things were dreary and didn’t look too great for Rajasthan Royals during the match on September 27. With Sanju Samson out and Tewatia struggling until then, it almost seemed like all hope was lost for Rajasthan Royals.
But in the last ten balls of the match, in a sensational comeback — Tewatia turned things around by hitting seven sixes, including five sixes in a row — coming very close to Yuvraj Singh’s record of six sixes in an over from 2007.
It was also the highest target successfully chased in the 13 years of IPL history. Rajasthan Royals chased down a total of 224 to beat Kings XI Punjab by four wickets at the Sharjah stadium yesterday.
Twitter erupted in awe of Tewatia, calling his turnaround one of the best ever. Here are some reactions from Twitterattis
Whenever things aren't going well for you, and you feel the world is betting against you.. remember just one word..… https://t.co/DAVD7xr2IB— Kunal Bahl (@1kunalbahl) 1601228923000
The ability to reverse 2020 is not in trying to retire the year, but to encourage the #Tewatia ‘s who hang in there… https://t.co/CgI8lB8lob— Ashwin (@ashwinravi99) 1601281939000
Life lesson....Dont judge anyone too soon...#Tewatia— VISHNU VISHAL - stay home stay safe (@TheVishnuVishal) 1601228028000
#Tewatia 53(31) will be one of the most talked about innings ever, in t20 cricket - with 7 sixes totallyFrom a sn… https://t.co/EdwrpV3AfE— Kaushik LM (@LMKMovieManiac) 1601228607000
Sharechat’s top exec shares how the social media startup is built for Bharat users – which platforms of the West lack
RBI postpones Monetary Policy meeting as the hunt for three new MPC members continues
- EXCLUSIVE: Communities, brand and then product — CEO explains how Stack Overflow flipped the script on software development
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister