Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem IPO: Anti-China sentiment across the globe maybe a boon for this speciality chemical company
- The speciality chemical manufacturing company is looking to raise ₹500 crore through the public issue.
- The company earns 30% of revenue from pharmaceutical and agrochemical intermediates and other specialty chemicals (PASC), which are basically export orders shifted from China to India.
- Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem manufactures a range of products in speciality chemicals that serves various industries including the automotive, petroleum, pharmaceutical, agro chemicals and so on.
In an interview with Business Insider ahead of the IPO, Mahesh Tanna, chief financial officer (CFO) at Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem shared that pharmaceutical and agrochemical intermediates and other specialty chemicals (PASC) segment is getting almost 30% of revenues from countries that have been looking for alternatives other than Chinese products.
This particular PASC category includes specialty chemicals which are used as intermediates, disinfectants, catalysts and solvents.
Advertisement“China Plus one policy is what is actually the reason why we have this whole segment of pharmaceutical and agrochemical intermediates and other specialty chemicals (PASC)... our existing customers are largely pharmaceutical and agrochemical companies who are heavily dependent upon supplies from China. Post this environmental issue that happened in China and China Plus One policy, we were given this opportunity if interested we can look into developing pharma and agrochemical intermediates what they were looking for...Today, this PASC segment is contributing almost 25-30% of our revenues. This segment did not exist before 2006,” said Tanna.
China Plus One is the business strategy to avoid investing only in China and diversify business into other countries.
Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem receives 70% of the revenue from exports to over 25 countries including the USA, China, Germany, Japan, South Africa, and the UK, whereas the rest 30% comes from domestic markets.
PASC segment delivered 30.37% revenue in FY21, 29.06% in FY20 and 42.39% in FY19.
Further, the company’s exports dropped in FY21 leading to lockdown restrictions.
AdvertisementDuring the first two months of COVID-19, it was a big challenge in terms of logistics although the factory was permitted to work. Sales in exports were definitely impacted from April to September 2020 primarily because of logistics. However, from October end everything came back to normalcy, said Tanna.
Commenting on the impact of another complete lockdown, Tanna said in the second lockdown there was zero impact on industrial activities. So, if any lockdown happens pertaining to COVID-19 probably in 2021, it should not create any problem for them.
He showed optimism about the chemical sector overall and believes the growth trend will continue like the last three years.
AdvertisementFinancials of Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem in last three financial years
(in rupees crores)
|Profit After Tax||52||37||20|
The company will utilise the proceeds from the IPO towards expansion of its Dahej manufacturing unit and for upgradation of research and development (R&D) facility in Vadodara.
Moreover, it is looking at opportunities in greener technologies which is more sustainable and environment friendly chemistry.
Here are the lot size for application of the IPO
|Application||Lots||Shares||Amount (cut off)|
The speciality chemical manufacturing company is looking to raise ₹500 crore with a price band of ₹1,073-1,083 through the public issue.
AdvertisementHere are the important dates related to the IPO
|IPO open date||July 16|
|IPO close date||July 20|
|Allotment date||July 26|
|Initiation of refunds||July 27|
|Credit of shares to demat account||July 28|
|IPO listing date||July 29|
SEE ALSO: India's crypto bill is unlikely to be up for discussion this month — and it may be a while before we see it in Parliament | Business Insider India
SBI processed about 5 Lakh IPO transactions in June, PhonePe continues to be the most used UPI app (businessinsider.in)
Popular on BI
- Apple is hiring engineers and interns for their tech team in India
- Actor James Michael Tyler, known for his role as Gunther on 'Friends,' has passed away at 59 from prostate cancer
- Apple is being sued by a San Francisco man for $1,383.13, the exact cost of his iPhone 12. He says the company refused to fix the device while it was under warranty.
- DDB Mudra Group launches a year-long mentorship program to nurture and empower a community of women leaders in the company
- JioPhone Next to launch this Diwali – specs, features and everything we know so far
- OYO IPO now faces a hurdle from a hotels lobby with 55,000 members, aside from Zostel
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Zika virus: Centre sends a multi-disciplinary team to Uttar Pradesh's Kanpur after a 57-year-old man dies due to the virus