Jeff Bezos suggests sending Donald Trump into space
Spencer Platt/Getty Images
On Monday morning, Trump fired off a string of tweets criticizing Bezos, a fellow billionaire, for supposedly having Amazon use The Washington Post as a "tax shelter" for the company. Bezos bought The Post in 2003."The @washingtonpost, which loses a fortune, is owned by @JeffBezos for purposes of keeping taxes down at his no profit company, @amazon," Trump wrote.
"The @washingtonpost loses money (a deduction) and gives owner @JeffBezos power to screw public on low taxation of @Amazon! Big tax shelter," he continued. "If @amazon ever had to pay fair taxes, its stock would crash and it would crumble like a paper bag. The @washingtonpost scam is saving it!"But a number of economic experts and finance reporters said Trump's accusation made no sense. Trump's attack was apparently in response to one or more articles in The Post that were critical of his campaign.View Bezos' response below:
Disclosure: Jeff Bezos is an investor in Business Insider through hispersonal investment company Bezos Expeditions.
- SEBI asks PNB Housing to halt ₹4,000 crore preferential issue of shares
- Word Music Day 2021: Importance, history, memorable quotes and how to celebrate it during a pandemic
- International Yoga Day — this year’s theme is ‘Yoga for well-being’
- International Yoga Day 2021 — a few quotes to remember and share
- India witnesses decline in daily COVID-19 cases with 58,419 fresh cases, lowest in last 81 days