The 10 most popular games on Twitch
- Amazon's Twitch is the most popular livestreaming platform for video games.
- Every month Twitch viewers spend hundreds of millions of hours watching professional gamers compete, connecting with video game publishers, or just hanging out with friends online.
- Twitch's most popular channels can earn tens of thousands of dollars from sponsorships, subscriptions, and viewer donations.
- Many of the most popular Twitch channels focus on just a handful of games, but popularity can swing greatly from month to month.
- Playing the most popular games isn't the only way to build a Twitch following, but it does provide the largest possible audience.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Amazon's streaming service Twitch has become one of the most important platforms in the video game industry.It's a place where players can build community with each other, celebrate the hottest games, and learn about the newest online trends.
Publishers are willing to pay millions of dollars to have their game on top of Twitch for a single day. Streamers who play the most popular games can build a large enough following to earn a living from paid subscriptions and viewer donations.The most popular games on Twitch are constantly changing based on new releases and special events like esports competitions. However, by tracking the total number of hours watched, it's easier to see which games have amassed a stable, longterm following.
These were the 10 most popular games on Twitch during October, according to StreamElements and SullyGnome.
10. "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare" — 2.69 million hours watched
9. "FIFA 20" — 26.6 million hours watchedAdvertisement
8. "Apex Legends" — 26.68 million hours watched
7. "Dota 2" — 30 million hours watchedAdvertisement
6. "World of Warcraft" — 36 million hours watched
5. "Grand Theft Auto V" — 36.89 million hours watchedAdvertisement
4. "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive" — 44.77 million hours watched
3. Just Chatting — 68.4 million hours watchedAdvertisement
2. "Fortnite" — 79.1 million hours watched
1. "League of Legends" — 125.65 million hours watchedAdvertisement
- After Delhi, Gujarat reduces COVID-19 test prices to ₹800 from ₹1,500 for private labs
- November GST collection stands at ₹1.04 lakh crore
- PNB ATM withdrawals, LPG cylinders, and insurance policies — five major changes set to kick in on December 1
- Burger King India’s grey market appetite surges ahead of IPO tomorrow — brokerages recommend ‘subscribe’ on attractive valuations
- Vaccine will not be released for mass use unless proven immunogenic: Serum Institute