TikTok star Nathan Apodaca is auctioning an NFT of his viral Fleetwood Mac skateboarding video, and bidding starts at $500,000
- Nathan Apodaca is auctioning his viral
TikTokas an NFT, and the price starts at $500,000.
- A TikTok of Apodaca skateboarding to Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams" went viral last September.
NTFshave boomed in popularity, with some crypto art pieces selling for tens of millions of dollars.
The viral TikTok of a man skateboarding while drinking
The video being auctioned will not contain the Fleetwood Mac song due to copyright, and the Ocean Spray bottle will be blurred out as well.A representative for Apodaca told Insider that "Nathan felt the video was good vibes and wanted to pass it along to the next person."
Apodaca, who posts to TikTok under the username 420doggface208, first went viral when his laidback skateboarding style blew up in September of last year, the height of the pandemic when people were turning to the video-sharing app for entertainment.Apodaca also got a surprise visit from Ocean Spray in October, soon after the video went viral: The company gifted him a brand new truck packed with Ocean Spray cranberry juice. The TikTokker told Insider at the time that the viral video was helping him put a down payment on a house.
NFTs, or non-fungible tokens, have exploded in popularity recently, with everyone from Paris Hilton to Azealia Banks, and even Mark Cuban getting into the trend. An NFT is a unique digital asset that gives its holder exclusive ownership over the piece of art, fashion, music, food, or other item tied to the token. These NFTs cannot be duplicated, though the items tied to them may be reproduced or reposted and shared widely.In the past few months NFTs have attracted high-end buyers willing to spend thousands and even millions to exclusively own pieces of digital art. In February, the Nyan Cat meme NFT sold for $560,000, and the Bad Luck Brian meme NTF sold for $36,000 this month. The highest-priced NFT ever was a collage by the artist Beeple, which went for a whopping $69 million.
- PL 2021: Here’s a look at how Punjab Kings vs CSK play against each other
- Goa and Gurugram recorded highest single day of covid 19 cases today
- Wipro fears it may lose its employees to competitors as there is an explosion of IT jobs
- Citibank to exit consumer banking business in India
- Checkout what is allowed and what is not in the new guidelines issued by the Delhi government