The fabulous life of Snap CEO Evan Spiegel, the youngest billionaire in the world
Life is good for Evan Spiegel.
His company, Snap Inc., is preparing for one of the most hotly anticipated IPOs of 2017 at a valuation around $20 billion. The Snapchat app is beloved by teens everywhere, and Snap's recently released Spectacles glasses are one of the most sought after gadgets in tech.
And with an estimated net worth of $2.1 billion, 26-year-old Spiegel is the youngest billionaire in the world, according to Forbes.
Spiegel lives a charmed life, and he knows it.
"I am a young, white, educated male," he once said at a Stanford business conference. "I got really, really lucky. And life isn't fair."
We've pulled the highlights of Spiegel's spectacular life and career from profiles by LA Weekly, Forbes, Business Insider, court documents, and more:
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- A second giant 'hole' has appeared on the sun, and it could send 1.8 million mph solar winds towards Earth
- We used ChatGPT to plan international trips - here’s a tour of the results!
- Sebi to boost disclosure norms; do away with permanent board seats for individuals
- Here are the ten big income tax rule changes that will come into effect from April 1
- Not just for OTT, people rely on digital to discover & engage with content across TV and movies: BCG-Meta Report
- SPC Lifesciences files draft papers with SEBI for IPO
- Sensex rallies 346 pts, Nifty near 17,100 on firm global markets