I'm a travel writer who moved to Rome 20 years ago from the US. Here's my ultimate guide to the city.
- I'm a
travelwriter who permanently moved to Romeafter realizing it was where I felt most at home.
- Here's how I help friends plan an incredible visit to Rome with my personal list of the best places to go.
When people ask me what it's like to live in Rome, I tell them it's like a gorgeous layer cake — walk around and you are simultaneously in the past, present, and future. It's charming and provincial, beautiful and chaotic, and always the same, yet not at all, depending on how you look at it.
I grew up in the US and frequently traveled to Rome to visit my mom's family. Eventually, I studied here and later moved to Rome permanently after realizing it was the place I felt most at home.
Throughout the many phases of my Roman life, I've learned the ins and out of this amazing city and have made it my profession to share it with the world through my work as a travel journalist and podcast host. On any given day, find me walking by ancient monuments, biking the oldest road in the world, or enjoying some of the newest street art in the country.
Come for the history and then immerse yourself in everything else the Eternal City has to offer, just as I do. Here's how I help friends and family plan an incredible visit to Rome.
→ 11 one-of-a-kind boutique hotels in Rome that feel like I've been handed the keys to my most stylish Italian friend's home
→ 13 secret spots and lesser-known things to do in Rome that most tourists miss, including where to find the best views of the city
- Best face wash for men in India
- Bajaj in top gear, Hero flat while Maruti declines – here’s how Indian auto cos performed in June 2022
- Revenge shopping and revenge travelling trends are simmering down in India
- Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, and Mumbai among top-20 cities in Asia-Pacific for sustainable commercial real estate
- Sensex gains 327 points on firm global markets and buying in index majors