A harrowing photo of the Queen sitting alone at Prince Philip's funeral captures the loneliness of grieving in the pandemic
- The Queen has been pictured sitting alone at
Prince Philip's funeral.
- The duke died at the age of 99 on Friday, April 9.
- The Queen and Philip were married for 73 years.
Her Majesty, 94, was one of 30 people permitted to attend the funeral service, due to the UK's COVID-19 restrictions.Prince Philip died "peacefully" at Windsor Castle on Friday, April 9, the palace said in a statement at the time. The duke was 99.
The monarch likely didn't sit next to her relatives due to the country's social distancing guidelines, which state you must stay two meters away from those outside your household or support bubble.The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh were married for 73 years.
After falling in love as teenagers, the then-Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip announced their engagement in July 1947, when the couple were 21 and 26 respectively.They tied the knot on November 20, 1947, at Westminster Abbey. Philip will be remembered in history as Britain's longest-serving consort, the term used to describe the companion to the monarch. This is a developing story. Please check back for more updates.
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry