Travelling solo makes Indian women feel empowered, reveals OYO survey
ALSO READ: These Women Ola Auto drivers are changing Indian roads
AdvertisementThe survey had some interesting findings:
● 37% respondents reported traveling only for leisure, while 53% traveled for both work and leisure.
● Women appear to be more conscientious workers, or at least those with less disposable time on their hands as only 51% reported clubbing a work trip with personal break, while 23% claimed they had never considered it
ALSO READ: Hyperloop One launches 'Vision for India' where travel time from Bengaluru to Chennai could become 20 mins if executed
● 27% respondents said they preferred traveling
● Friends (57%) rank higher than Family (51%) as “preferred travel companions” for women but partners reign supreme at 62%
● Personal research via internet and magazines ranks higher (78%) than recommendations from friends & family (51%) while choosing a travel destination. Social media came third (32%) and movies trailed the last (12%) when it came to sparking travel inspiration.
ALSO READ: Shervin Pishevar talks about Indian startups and Hyperloop One, which can propel India to become the next superpower
● “Safety” ranked as the #1 factor followed by “cost of trip” when it came to selecting a travel destination
● Contrary to expectations, 69% women opted for budget hotels over five-star hotels (18%) while 6% preferred to stay in a hostel while traveling
● 10% respondents had never stayed with friends or family while traveling, but all had “often” or “sometimes” stayed at a budget hotel!
● While 10% women totally shot down the idea of impulsive trips, accommodation (52%) was the biggest concern followed by expense (29%) due to booking at short notice
● Budget hotels (35%) topped the choice of accommodation for women traveling solo, followed by staying with friends or family (25%)
- Three people killed, several injured in a ‘suspected’ terror attack in France
- Maruti’s revenue rises 10% as car sales increase but high commodity prices dampen profit
- Best steel water bottles
- MIT has a new AI model that can detect asymptomatic COVID-19 patients just by the using the sound of their coughs recorded over phone calls
- Commercial flights from Bareilly airport expected to start by December