Trump impersonator Anthony Atamanuik opens up about his 'harsh' feud with Alec Baldwin
"The President Show"/Comedy Central; "Saturday Night Live"/NBC
Atamanuik publicly feuded with the "Saturday Night Live" Trump impersonator after Baldwin made some disparaging comments about Atamanuik on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" Both were lobbying to play the president at this year's White House Correspondents' Dinner.
"He was being a bit of a wiseass. And so I was a wiseass back on Twitter, considering we knew each other in some fashion," Atamanuik said during Wednesday's episode of Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen." "And he blocked me and kind of got harsh. It was intense."
The comedian says he previously met Baldwin when he was an extra on "30 Rock."
Despite Baldwin's "harsh" reaction, Atamanuik added, "I hope Alec knows that I respect him and love him and I don't have any animosity at all."
That said, Atamanuik wanted to make sure Cohen understood that his impression isn't a copy of Baldwin's.
"That's impossible, because I was doing it before he did it," the "President Show" host said. "I'm not going to screw around."
Watch the video below:
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days