Unlike Paytm, Vodafone's M-Pesa is allowing you to withdraw cash using your phone
While most of the country still suffers, 20 days after demonetization, it is great to see that alternatives have already started springing up.
From digital wallets bringing up more merchants online to banks declaring turning villages into digital economies, solutions have started being implemented.
Unlike Paytm wallet,
To avail, customers need to carry an identity proof to their nearest
Vodafone M-PESA currently has the largest business correspondent network in the country. According to the company, the distribution network of M-Pesa is almost equal to the total Banking presence in India.
RBI has granted “in-principle” approval to Vodafone M-Pesa for setting up a
ALSO READ: EXCLUSIVE:The startup investor at India Quotient reveals the most lucrative sectors for investment
AdvertisementIn emerging market like India, where many consumers have access to mobile devices but no access to a bank account, Vodafone M-Pesa enables financial inclusion and offers convenience of a digital wallet for easy transactions, its unique cash out feature enables users to digitise cash, remit it to family and friends, pay bills and/or withdraw it at their convenience.
Vodafone M-Pesa has also partnered with several government bodies for enabling direct transfer of wages and subsidies – M-Pesa is enabling last mile Government Subsidy distribution and is actively engaged with multiple state governments in the direct benefit transfer of subsidy,
Image credits: ICICI Bank
Popular on BI
- Canada overwhelmed with 'tridemic' of Covid-19, flu and respiratory syncytial virus
- This Mumbai startup is making tearable laundry sheets, bamboo-based facial tissues and more to replace plastic
- With an eye on listing in the future, Jio Haptik trains guns on growth & profitability
- Govt approves PLI scheme for making drones with outlay of Rs 120 cr, comes out with norms
- Apple transportation through drones to become reality in tribal Kinnaur district of HP
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World