WATCH Two Men Detain An Alleged iPhone Thief After Chasing Him Through Manhattan
Who says New Yorkers are mean?
Brian Hester and Chase Bunn ran after Noah Udell through downtown Manhattan after Udell allegedly stole a woman's phone while she was standing outside her office.
“She was screaming, ‘Help!’ ” Hester told The
“I just ran,” Hester added. “My coffee went everywhere, and my phone fell out of my pocket.”
The two men eventually caught Udell and wrestled him to the ground. But while Hester was trying to keep a crowd of angry onlookers from attacking Udell, the alleged thief jumped up and tried to run away, the Post reported.
Hester chased him again and caught Udell on Barclay Street near West Broadway.
“I was like, ‘I don’t have all day to be chasing you',’” Hester told the Post. Hester and Bunn then held Udell until police arrive.
Don't worry, Hester's chase wasn't in vain. He told the Post that Starbucks gave him a free refill to compensate for the coffee he spilled while trying to catch Udell.
Now watch a video Hester shot himself while detaining Udell, courtesy of the New York Post.
- A massive study from Israel suggests older adults were far less likely to develop severe COVID-19 after a booster shot, but the finding carries major limitations
- Everything you need to know about iOS 15: Release date, new features, supported devices
- Watch SpaceX launch 4 space tourists into Earth's orbit
- Wealth management firm White Oak Capital gets SEBI’s nod to enter mutual fund business
- IPO-bound Pine Labs raises another $100 million
- Virat Kohli to step down as India’s T20 captain, says he had ‘immense workload’ over the years
- India's bad bank gets government nod — green lights NARCL with ₹30,600 crore guarantee
- Byju’s acquires yet another coding-for-kids startup, this time an American one