If You Can Text This Bizarre Sentence In Less Than 18 Seconds You'll Break A World Record
"The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human."
That's the phrase you'd have to type on a smartphone's touch screen in less than 18.9 seconds to beat the current world record for fastest texter.
The title was just given to 15-year-old Marcel Fernandes Filho from Brazil. He came to New York on April 25th and edged out the previous record holder by just .36 seconds.
The teen told TODAY via email that he has been "fascinated by Guinness World Records" since childhood.
He doesn't consider himself a texting addict, but interestingly, it was touchscreen-keyboard startup Fleksy , which touts itself as the fastest touchscreen keyboard in the world.
Filho used Fleksy on a Microsoft Phone to type the sentence and eventually claim the record as his own.
Here's the video from Fleksy, which TODAY featured:
More from this author
- Shree Sai Spaces Creations and Wasankar Wealth man...
- What's 'hot' and what's 'not' for tech in 2017
- Apple Shares Up More Than 2% As iPhone Announcemen...
- More than 1 million people now pay for Tinder's pr...
- SBI cleans up its balance sheets by writing off lo...
- Thanks to her mom, 3-year-old London Scout is Inst...
- Two former Apple and LloydsPharmacy execs have lau...
Want to post your ad? Switch to Colombia
Bollywood actresses most Googled in 2016
13-yr-old Ashwini needs help to fight Cancer!
10 Ridiculously Weird Things You Can Buy Online
Increase your website visits through Colombia
7 bollywood celebrities with royal background