21 signs you have a terrible boss
According to a survey commissioned by Lynn Taylor Consulting, a whopping 19.2 hours are wasted each week worrying about what a boss says or does - 13 of which occur during workweek, and 6.2 over the weekend.
"A bad boss will likely jeopardize your career growth and impact your personal life," says Lynn Taylor, a national workplace expert and the author of "Tame Your Terrible Office Tyrant: How to Manage Childish Boss Behavior and Thrive in Your Job." "A good manager will help you thrive and bring out the best in you. While it's rarely top of mind, you can empower yourself with a terrible boss, especially if you watch for red flags."
It's important to identify these signs early on, before you get too involved, especially if you spot them during the job interview. This way, you can decide if it's something you actually want to deal with (or you can figure out if you'll need to start looking for a new job).
Using the book "Bad Bosses, Crazy Coworkers & Other Office Idiots" by Vicky Oliver and an interview with Lynn Taylor, we've compiled 21 signs your boss will eventually crush all happiness you're clinging to - and steps you can take along the way.
Vivian Giang contributed to an earlier version of this article.
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani