8 things you can do every day to up your odds of living a long, happy life
Jeff J Mitchell/Getty Images
- No one has discovered the secret to living forever (despite some rather serious attempts).
- But some of the best ways to up one's odds of staying alive and healthy for longer include eating fresh greens, getting enough sleep, and sharing time with friends and partners who you enjoy.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
There's no cure for death, and no way we know of (yet) to extend human life.But scientists have discovered many clear, science-backed ways to increase your changes of living to a ripe old age, while staying happy and healthy.Advertisement
Here are eight of the most surefire ways to live longer and better, according to science.
Staying fit can also help keep your brain strong.Advertisement
In addition to cardio, incorporate some lifting into your routine.
Eat more fresh foods, like vegetables and fruits, which contain health-promoting phytochemicals.Advertisement
Specifically, follow the Mediterranean diet, which includes plenty of fresh greens, fish, and fruit.
Enjoy working on tough problems.Advertisement
Pick out friends and companions who you like spending time with, and make them a priority.Advertisement
Finally, get serious about your sleep schedule.
- Andhra Pradesh reports 1,608 new COVID-19 cases, overall tally
- ICSE class 12 result 2020: Pass percentage improves to 96.8% this year
- How to start a video meeting from Google Meet on phone or laptop
- Now tell Google Assistant, Siri to open Alexa app on smartphone
- 26 more BSF personnel test COVID-19 positive in Meghalaya