9 things parents who raise successful kids have in common
May 19, 2018, 17:43 IST
According to experts, the ways some people parent may influence how successful their children become.
Parenthood takes many forms, and often parents are bombarded with advice from family members, friends, and experts.
However, according to parenting experts, the ways some people parent may influence how successful their children become.
Here's how to raise successful kids.
When it comes to raising children, parents often seek advice from a variety of sources: family members, friends, experts, books, and more. Of course, every parent wants their kids to be happy and successful, but what's the magical secret?AdvertisementTina B. Tessina, Ph.D., a psychotherapist and author of "How to Be a Couple and Still Be Free," has some ideas. "While there is no one-size-fits-all answer, there are definitely traits that parents of successful children have in common," she told Business Insider.
1. They know raising successful kids is their job, and it's one they take seriously
2. They run their own lives well
3. They are not afraid to make mistakes
4. They know how to delegate
5. They follow through on what they say
6. They show their kids how to value money
7. They demonstrate how to deal with disappointment and develop resilience
8. They know how to have fun
9. They give a lot of love, support, and encouragement