Comcast to drop $45 billion Time Warner Cable bid - report
Getty / Scott Olson
Comcast is bowing out of bidding amid expectations that regulators were going to kill the deal anyway.Bloomberg says Comcast's announcement will come as soon as Friday.Advertisement
The transaction was first announced in February of 2014.
Opposition to this deal has always been based on the idea that Comcast and Time Warner Cable already provide customers poor service and that they would have less incentive to improve that service after they combined. There would be one less competitor in the market.Click here for updates.
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry