Elon Musk says that Apple only hires Tesla's worst engineers
AP Photo/Noah Berger
When asked about the fact that Apple keeps hiring Tesla engineers, Musk didn't bother to spare anyone's feelings:"They have hired people we've fired. We always jokingly call Apple the 'Tesla Graveyard.' If you don't make it at Tesla, you go work at Apple. I'm not kidding," Musk says.Advertisement
On the concept of Apple building a car at all, he agreed it was "the next logical thing," for the iPhone giant. But he doesn't seem to take their plans too seriously as a threat to Tesla.
"Did you ever take a look at the Apple Watch? (laughs) No, seriously: It's good that Apple is moving and investing in this direction. But cars are very complex compared to phones or smartwatches," Musk said.
- Farmers protest in India intensify — Kerala MP and Punjab CM to move the Supreme Court, three Punjab BJP leaders resign
- Best smartphones with 256GB of internal storage
- Maharashtra’s restaurants and bars are likely to reopen for dine-in services
- SBI waives processing fee for car, gold and personal loans availed using YONO
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 affordable Android tablet launched in India