Google to close door on Gtalk from February 16 onwards
In two weeks from now, you'll have to make the switch from Google's
Hangout is the future for Google (so they seem to think) and hence taking down Gtalk is the most logical thing that the search-engine giant can do now. Signs of Gtalk going down became obvious when Google decided to cut support (security and version) for the desktop application bringing its end closer to reality. As highlighted by Google the 'IM service will be wholly replaced by the Hangouts app, which can used only via its Chrome web browser.
Gtalk will breathe its last on February 16 and whoosh! Like all good things, Gtalk will become history (just like how
Ciao Gtalk, we'll always remember than message alert tone and the simplicity of the chat interface (remember that bubbles?).
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16
- A third wave of COVID-19 will surely come and it may spread faster and wider but don't know when, says advisor to the Indian government