Google to close door on Gtalk from February 16 onwards
In two weeks from now, you'll have to make the switch from Google's
Hangout is the future for Google (so they seem to think) and hence taking down Gtalk is the most logical thing that the search-engine giant can do now. Signs of Gtalk going down became obvious when Google decided to cut support (security and version) for the desktop application bringing its end closer to reality. As highlighted by Google the 'IM service will be wholly replaced by the Hangouts app, which can used only via its Chrome web browser.
Gtalk will breathe its last on February 16 and whoosh! Like all good things, Gtalk will become history (just like how
Ciao Gtalk, we'll always remember than message alert tone and the simplicity of the chat interface (remember that bubbles?).
Popular on BI
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Axis MF launches a Nasdaq 100 focused Fund of Fund
- RBI directs credit information companies to appoint internal ombudsman
- 5G could be India’s next growth engine, and a successful rollout hinges on telcos, govt policies
- Ambani family has been target of threats over the years
- Sensex gains 156 points led by metal, IT and capital goods amid foreign capital inflows