Google to close door on Gtalk from February 16 onwards
In two weeks from now, you'll have to make the switch from Google's
Hangout is the future for Google (so they seem to think) and hence taking down Gtalk is the most logical thing that the search-engine giant can do now. Signs of Gtalk going down became obvious when Google decided to cut support (security and version) for the desktop application bringing its end closer to reality. As highlighted by Google the 'IM service will be wholly replaced by the Hangouts app, which can used only via its Chrome web browser.
Gtalk will breathe its last on February 16 and whoosh! Like all good things, Gtalk will become history (just like how
Ciao Gtalk, we'll always remember than message alert tone and the simplicity of the chat interface (remember that bubbles?).
Popular on BI
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- A half-mile installation just took 20,000 pounds of plastic out of the Pacific - proof that ocean garbage can be cleaned
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles