I learned how to apply makeup using a futuristic new feature on Sephora's app - here's what happened
Getty Images/Mireya Acierto
But beauty brand Sephora is trying to alleviate the struggle with a new feature on its app called Virtual Artist, which uses artificial intelligence to virtually apply makeup, teach you new makeup techniques, and show you how various looks would appear on your face.
It wouldn't be Sephora without some shopping involved, however. If you find a look you like, the app lets you know which products were used - at that point, you can then add them to your shopping basket and buy through the app.
I tested out the Virtual Artist to see how clever its artificial intelligence actually is. Several selfies later, here's what I found.
- German electronic manufacturing firm Hama enters India market
- Tips to make Whatsapp more private and secure
- Best Samsung phones under ₹10000
- As women struggle to make up even one-third of corporate boards, Europe mandates 40% reservation for women
- Centre receives ₹5,001 crore as dividend from ONGC