Jeff Bezos is reportedly looking to drop $60 million on an NYC apartment, but he already owns 4 condos in the city - look inside the building where he owns $13 million worth of real estate
- Jeff Bezos is reportedly apartment hunting in New York City, according to The New York Post.
- The Amazon CEO is looking to spend about $60 million on a home in the city, the Post reported.
- Bezos already owns four apartments in a historic building in the city.
- Here's a look inside the ritzy Upper West Side building with views of Central Park.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Jeff Bezos is on the hunt for a New York City apartment, The New York Post reported.The news comes days after the world's richest man finalized the terms of his divorce from MacKenzie Bezos.
The Amazon CEO is reportedly looking to spend about $60 million on a home in the city and has looked at units at 220 Central Park South, according to the Post. That's the same Billionaires' Row building where Ken Griffin, founder and CEO of hedge fund Citadel, bought a $238 penthouse in January, breaking the record for the most expensive home sale in the US.
But Bezos has already been a homeowner in New York City for years.
In 1999, he bought three condos in the Century building at 25 Central Park West in New York City's Upper West Side for $7.65 million, according to the Observer. He made the purchase under an LLC called "Jetima" from former Sony Music head Tommy Mottola.
The world's richest man bought an additional unit for $5.3 million in 2012, making him the owner of four condos in the historic building.
The 32-story Art Deco building was built in 1931 and boasts a concierge, elevator attendants, and three separate entrances, as well as a prime location right next to Central Park.Here's a look inside the building.