Microsoft has listed its cheapest phone for $8 million
Microsoft has listed the Lumia 520, a 4-inch mid-range Windows phone, on its website for almost $8 million (£5 million) with a link that directs to Walmart's site. Elsewhere the phone retails for around £89 ($140).
The Lumia 520 was introduced in April 2013 and features a five megapixel camera, 512mb of RAM, and a 1,430mAh battery.
Around the same time, Ferrari introduced the LaFerrari, a high-performance V12 hyper-car, which retails for around $1 million (£646,000) and seems like a steal when compared to the 520.
The posting is likely a mistake. Clicking through to the Walmart website reveals that the phone costs between $79.89 and $112.50 which forms $7,989,112.50 when formatted incorrectly.
Business Insider has reached out to Microsoft to ask about the price.
- Best portable room heaters in India
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Best high speed blenders in India
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events