Oculus Acquires 'Carbon Design Group,' The Team That Helped Design The Xbox 360 Controller
Carbon Design also helped design the Xbox 360 Kinect sensor and has over 50 design awards.The Carbon team will officially join the Oculus product engineering group, though Carbon will continue to work from Seattle.
"We've been working with Carbon for nearly a year on multiple unannounced projects," the company said in a release.The acquisition is good news for gamers, as the Xbox 360 controller is highly regarded and arguably the best-feeling controller designed to date.
It's likely Carbon will work directly on the Rift headset, but it wouldn't be surprising if Oculus utilized the team's familiarity with controllers to help design an input solution for the Rift. After all, Oculus has already admitted it's working on more than one hardware device at the moment.You can read our interview with Oculus founder Palmer Luckey here.
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar