The 10 things in advertising you need to know today
1. Here are 22 of the most awkwardly-post sports sponsorship publicity photos from the past decade. Fake smiles all round.
2. Facebook is launching a "full on attack" against YouTube. The social network will soon start sharing ad revenue with select companies that upload their videos to its platform.3. Facebook made a tiny change to its logo. See if you can even spot it.
4. A former Google exec says it's "misleading" for the TV industry to say people still watch 4 hours of TV a day. Rightster CEO Patrick Walker told us that the maths doesn't add up.
5. Macy's has dumped Donald Trump. But Trump says it was his decision to cut ties.
6. An unlikely brand is hoping to topple Nike. New Balance is rebranding itself with its first global marketing push.
7. Amazon has completely changed its fashion strategy. The company is no longer focusing on courting luxury brands.
8. Whole Foods' CEOs have admitted to charging customers too much. The retailer's bosses produced a two-minute video apology.9. Big companies and startups are jumping all over a new trendy tech called "microservices." It's all about taking one big problem and tackling it with lots of smaller solutions.
10. J. Crew is trying to hide its biggest flop of the year. In an earnings call, CEO Mickey Drexler blamed the company's plummeting sales on a single sweater called Tilly.