The 5 most interesting things we just learned about the huge new 'Avengers' game arriving in 2020
"Marvel's Avengers"/Square Enix
- The first-ever blockbuster video game starring Marvel's Avengers is scheduled to arrive on May 15, 2020.
- The game, "Marvel's Avengers," is headed to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Google Stadia, and PC. It's unrelated to the movies.
- We just got a deeper look at the game and spoke with its developers at the biggest game show of the year, E3 - here's what we found out.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
LOS ANGELES - For years, Marvel movies have dominated the box office. Despite that wild success in theaters, Marvel has barely touched the world of video games.That's changing with "Marvel's Avengers," a newly-detailed blockbuster video game starring the world-famous superhero squad. You'll play as Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, The Hulk, or Captain America against the various supervillains attempting nefarious acts.
1. The new "Avengers" game is similar in format to games like "Destiny," "The Division," and "Anthem." Except it doesn't require the internet.
2. Narrative-driven missions seamlessly transition between superheroes for various sections. Otherwise, you can play as whichever superhero you want.
3. "Marvel's Avengers" is intended as a lasting project, with ongoing updates — including new worlds, new characters, and new story missions.
4. There is no connection between the Avengers game and the Avengers movies.
5. It's scheduled to launch sooner than anyone expected.
Check out the first trailer for "Marvel's Avengers" right here:
- A newly found ‘super’ Earth only takes 2.4 days to complete a year
- A venture capitalist's advice for startups looking to raise money during this pandemic
- Into the wild: Epic pictures of magnificent beasts in their natural environment
- India clocks over 200,000 COVID-19 cases for a third day in a row
- Indian-origin scientist spots genes that fight Covid infection