The iPhone 8 is going to have an even bigger screen
The analysts are citing supply chain sources spoken to during a trip to Asia.
"iPhone 8 design didn't sound 100% locked down but we believe the move is to a bezel-less design with screen sizes getting larger and curved edges in the original envelope. The IP8 moves to 5" (from 4.7") and the Plus moves to 5.8" (from 5.5")," the analysts write.
The mention of a 5-inch iPhone lines up with previous reports from Nikkei and KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.
The phones may stay the same size while the screens get bigger, thanks to less space around the screen.
Only the Plus model will have an OLED screen, a newer type of display technology with better color and deeper blacks, the analysts wrote. Most of the OLEDs will come from Samsung and LG, according to the report.
That's because of supply issues, they say, and the industry expects Foxconn's subsidiary Sharp to get its factories up and running in 2018.
The report also suggests that Apple's Force Touch feature may change to a "film-based solution" from the current "flexible PCB" technology that the iPhone 7 uses.
We're expecting Apple's iPhone 8 to be a major redesign to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the iPhone, and Barclays' predictions line up with what we've been hearing.
- Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO: Here’s how to check allotment status
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Dolce & Gabbana want to make Elon Musk the ‘King of Crypto’ — but only if he can shell out more than ₹3.8 crore for the ‘Doge Crown’
- Buy biodegradable sanitary pads for women in India
- Best baby booster seat in India
- Amazon-backed Capital Float plans to go big in the buy now, pay later segment; raises $50 million
- Where Indians work — seven charts that show you the employment map of the world’s sixth largest economy
- Alibaba, Binance, Sparkpool and other companies are scrambling to avoid any heat from China over crypto concerns