The unpredictable and dramatic story of Jay Z's Tidal, the music service trying to fight Apple and Spotify
Jamie McCarthy/Getty Image
From constant executive shuffles, to acquisition rumors, to debates over whether exclusives are good for the music industry, there's never a dull moment. But most people don't know the full story of Tidal, which actually began in the 90s in Scandanavia - long before Jay Z took over in 2015.
Here's the tale of Tidal's transformation into the streaming service it is today.
Additional reporting by James Cook, Bryan Logan, and Abby Jackson.
- Last day to subscribe to Tega Industries’ IPO — GMP at ₹410
- Best smart speaker with Alexa-support for home in India
- KFC gets the Queen of Speed, PT Usha to promote its express pick-up
- Wunderman Thompson Commerce launches Global Sustainable Commerce Practice
- Star Health Insurance IPO subscribed only 79% on last day; issue extended till 7 p.m.