This chart shows the most important thing about Facebook's $230 billion business
One thing that really stood out from Facebook's earnings call on Wednesday was how quickly the company's been turning itself into a mobile-centric business.
As seen in the chart below, put together by BI Intelligence, mobile now accounts for nearly three-quarters (73%) of Facebook's total ad revenue. Considering almost all of Facebook's sales comes through advertising, it's clear mobile is driving Facebook's business. Last year, only 57% of its revenue came through mobile advertising.Mobile user growth is also quite impressive. Facebook saw a total of 798 million mobile daily active users on average last quarter, up 31% from the same period of last year. Monthly active users for mobile jumped 24% year-over-year to 1.25 billion last quarter.
- Japanese firm Daicel to invest ₹230 crore to set up manufacturing plant in Chennai
- Two reasons why Elon Musk routed Tesla’s India venture via Amsterdam
- Rajasthan government withdraws night curfew after decline in COVID-19 cases
- Rafale fighter aircraft to feature in Republic Day parade for first time
- 'Vaccine won't kill you': AIIMS Director allays fears