This guy got Windows 95 running on an Apple Watch
Developer Nick Lee managed to get a fully functional version of Microsoft's classic Windows 95 operating system running on the Apple Watch.
Look and see for yourself:
It's not especially usable, but you can watch Lee go through the Windows 95 Start Menu and load a program.
In a Medium post, Lee explains how he did it. The short version is that he was able to figure out how to hack together a way for an Apple Watch app to load his custom code, circumventing Apple's safeguards.
As a result, I was feeling confident that the Apple Watch had the ability to run one of the most revered desktop operating systems Redmond has ever produced," Lee writes on Medium.
There's a huge catch here: It takes an hour to boot up Windows 95 on the Apple Watch. Still, if you were ever dying for Windows on your wrist, here's your big chance.
NOW WATCH: Clever ways to reuse your old iPod
- Best sandwich makers in India
- Orange alerts issued to 3 states by the weather department – what does it mean?
- Best moisturizer for face in India for daily use
- You can pre-book iPhone 14 even before its launch, only if you are willing to pay $9,520 for it
- Twitter seeks judicial review against new content blocking directives from the IT Ministry