Anheuser-Busch just ordered 40 Tesla Semis
- Anheuser-Busch has ordered 40 Tesla Semis.
- The move follows orders from Walmart and DHL.
- The electric trucks have impressive specs, including a 500-mile range per charge and the ability to go 0-60 mph in five seconds without a trailer attached.
Anheuser-Busch has ordered 40 Tesla Semis, according to Anheuser-Busch's website. The move is part of the company's goal to reduce its environmental impact and increase efficiency.
"At Anheuser-Busch, we are constantly seeking new ways to make our supply chain more sustainable, efficient, and innovative," James Sembrot, the company's senior director of logistics strategy, said. "This investment in Tesla semi-trucks helps us achieve these goals while improving road safety and lowering our environmental impact."
The announcement follows Semi orders from companies like Walmart and DHL. The electric trucks have impressive features, including the ability to lead a pack of other Semis autonomously, travel 500 miles per charge and 400 miles after a 30-minute charge, go 0-60 mph in five seconds without a trailer attached, and do the same in 20 seconds while carrying 80,000 pounds of cargo. An innovative cabin design allows drivers to stand and have better visibility of the vehicle's surroundings.
While the trucking industry is difficult to enter, Tesla hopes the Semi will save companies money in the long run through lowered maintenance in fuel costs. It will begin producing the vehicles in 2019.
Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India
- Asus teases the ROG Phone 6 gaming phone — confirmed to feature IPX4 splash-resistance
- Supercomputers are faster and more powerful — but need to be more energy-efficient
- Best hair removal cream for women in India
- Sensex, Nifty maintain 3-day streak, rally by nearly 1%