Artificial intelligence will be a major theme at the world's largest tech show next week
- Artificial intelligence will be a major theme at this year's Consumer Electronics Show.
- AI is in everything from home products to entertainment to even sports equipment, with no sign of slowing down in 2019.
- Amazon's Alexa and Google Assistant will likely dominate this year's show, as both virtual assistants are now enabled in more than 10,000 devices.
We'll also see smaller players introduce even more smart gadgets and other AI-powered gadgets you would and wouldn't expect, everything from TVs to security cameras, and even golf equipment. AI is likely to appear in every home product imaginable as well, from refrigerators to ovens to smart locks - Amazon already put it in a microwave, after all. Oh, and don't forget cars.But the use for AI extends beyond everyday consumer goods. Artificially intelligent robots will effortlessly roam the show floor, and keynote speakers will make the case that robotics and AI could help solve the world's most complex problems. There's even an event entitled "Creating Tomorrow's Robotic Caregivers" showcasing just how important tech's relationship with health is becoming - late last year, for example, Optum, a healthcare company within UnitedHealth Group, announced it's using AI to help doctors answer complex patient questions.Beyond AI, we're expecting to see tons of new gadgets - and probably quite a few surprises from the companies behind these electronics - at this year's show. We'll be covering the show live from Las Vegas all week - you can follow all of our coverage right here.
- Apophis, the ‘God of Chaos’ asteroid is speeding up — increasing the likelihood of it hitting Earth in 2068
- Sputnik V: RDIF seeks vaccine's speedy registration, prequalification from WHO
- Ankhi Das quits as Facebook's India public policy head
- States urged to adopt national approach: Niti Aayog on 'free vaccine'
- Analysts expect no surprises from Axis Bank in the second quarter — loan growth and collections to be slow