Ola Scooter launch date set for August 15 – here’s everything you need to know
Ola Electric / Bhavish Aggarwal
- Pre-bookings for the
Ola Scooterare currently underway. You can reserve your unit at ₹499.
- This is the first electric scooter from the ride hailing giant.
- It will launch alongside another upcoming rival, the Simple One electric scooter that promises a range of 240KM.
Thanks to all who have reserved our scooter! Planning a launch event for the Ola Scooter on 15th August. Will sha… https://t.co/vFoJJNJ8ZT— Bhavish Aggarwal (@bhash) 1627964778000
Pre-bookings of the Ola Scooter began on July 15 at ₹499, with the company promoting this via the Ola ride booking app as well. The company revealed that it received over 1 lakh bookings in the first 24 hours, but an updated number is not available at the moment.
For context, the Simple One electric scooter is also set to launch on August 15, promising a range of up to 240 kilometres.
In addition to this, Aggarwal also showed off a real-life photo of the Ola Scooter. The side profile reveals the front as well, with the alloy wheels rounding up what looks like a compact and well-designed scooter.
The company raised $100 million debt to kickstart its production of electric scooters.
Ola Scooter – everything we know so far
Not a lot is known about the Ola Scooter in terms of features yet, but the company’s chairman and chief executive officer of Ola, Bhavish Aggarwal, revealed some key aspects.
According to Aggarwal, the Ola Scooter will offer keyless access – so you can unlock it using the app on your phone. It is likely that there will be an option to use a physical key, too.
Another feature that we know of, as of now, is that the Ola Scooter can charge up to 50% in 18 minutes, offering a range of 75 kilometres. Extrapolating from this, it would seem that the total range of the Ola Scooter could be around the 140-150 kilometre mark. It remains to be seen if there will be different driving modes, which will likely impact the overall range as well.
When launched, the Ola Scooter will compete with the likes of the Ather 450X, TVS iQube and the new Bajaj Chetak. Apart from this, companies like Simple Energy are also scheduled to launch their electric scooter over the next one month.
From Ola to Ather to Chetak, here are the top electric scooters in India in 2021
Ola Scooter will come in ten different colours – check out all the variants and design
Ola electric scooter price, design and everything we know so far
Popular on BI
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India
- Indian government decides to pay ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk reveals 'challenges' with toilet during Inspiration4 mission, promises upgrades in future
- South Korea’s crypto regulations are tightening around investors and exchanges alike
- All that you need to know if you are travelling to the UK