Apple, Google, Microsoft topmost valuable brands in Forbes' list
- Google with $207.5 billion (a 24
per cent increasefrom same period last year) and Microsoft with $163 billion (a 30 per cent rise) were the first and second runners-up, respectively.
- The top 100 most valuable brands in total were worth $2.54 trillion, up from $2.33 trillion last year.
- Companies based in the US made up more than 50 of the top 100.
With a brand value of $241.2 billion (a 17 per cent increase year-over-year), Apple has topped the Forbes' annual list of the World's Most Valuable Brands, which looked at the top 100 companies from the fiscal year 2019.
Google with $207.5 billion (a 24 per cent increase from same period last year) and Microsoft with $163 billion (a 30 per cent rise) were the first and second runners-up, respectively.
The top 100 most valuable brands in total were worth $2.54 trillion, up from $2.33 trillion last year.
The tech sector was the most common in the rankings with 20 companies, followed by 14 in financial services, 11 in auto and eight in retail.
"Companies including Amazon, Netflix and PayPal all show substantial gains in brand value since last year's list, falling in line with trends related to e-commerce, streaming and digital payments," Forbes said on Monday.
There are some newcomers too.
"Brands like Nintendo,
Several brands had notable shifts in the annual rankings.
Adidas went from 61st to 51th and and Netflix moved up from 38th to 26th.
Some luxury brands also saw significant changes, with Chanel going from 79th to 52nd and Cartier from 64th to 56th.
Some of the companies with the biggest losses were legacy tech companies like GE, HP Inc and IBM, which saw total values decrease by 14 per cent, 12 per cent and 10 per cent, respectively, revealed the report.
The COVID-19 vaccine from Oxford and AstraZeneca shows 'promising' results in early human trials
Dil Bechara, Kissing Booth 2 and other movies you can watch on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+Hotstar this week
WFH effect – These companies are paying for employees' power bills, internet cost and more
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala