Amazon Prime subscription price increased in India — here’s how much it costs now
- The subscription cost for Prime membership in India has been increased by Amazon
- The increase in price is applicable only for the monthly and quarterly plans.
- Now, Amazon Prime subscription starts at ₹299 in India.
AdvertisementIn 2021, Amazon India increased the cost of its annual Amazon Prime subscription plan from Rs 999 to Rs 1,499. Now, after nearly 18 months, the company has raised the prices for its monthly and quarterly plans in India as well. Previously, the monthly Prime subscription plan in India began at Rs 179, but now it starts at Rs 299. Similarly, the quarterly plan for Amazon Prime in India now costs Rs 599, up from Rs 459. It's important to note that Amazon India has not increased the price of its yearly subscription plan or its annual Prime Lite subscription plan, which remain available for Rs 1,499 and Rs 999, respectively.
The monthly and quarterly plans are auto-renewal plans, and existing subscribers can continue to pay the old prices until their last renewal before January 15, 2024. After that date, subscribers of the monthly and quarterly plans will have to pay the new prices. Additionally, if a subscriber's auto-payment system fails or if they withdraw consent to auto-renew, they will have to renew Prime at the new prices.
Amazon Prime updated subscription plans in India
|Prime plan||Old plan||Revised plan|
|Monthly plan (1 month)||₹179||₹299|
|Quarterly plan (3 months)||₹459||₹599|
|Prime annual plan (1 year)||₹1,499||₹1,499|
|Prime Lite plan (1 year)||₹999||₹999|
Prime annual plan vs Prime Lite plan
Subscribing to Amazon Prime's annual plan provides access to all the benefits including free delivery to eligible addresses, discounted delivery charges to eligible addresses, Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card perks, Prime Reading, Amazon Music, Amazon Prime Video, Amazon family offers, early access to exclusive deals, no-cost EMI on purchases, and free in-game content.
In contrast, Amazon Prime Lite subscribers receive free delivery to eligible addresses, discounted delivery charges to eligible addresses, Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card benefits, access to Amazon Prime Video, and early access to exclusive deals. However, Prime Lite subscription holders miss out on Prime Reading, Amazon Music, and in-game content.
Bill Gates says AI Chatbots will transform education by making tutoring affordable and accessible
Smarter than a smartphone? A new wearable challenges the ‘traditional’ device
Popular on BI
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer