Watch Kavin Mittal speak about the potential of virtual economy, tapping into Bharat users, and more at Global Trends Festival 2020
Business Insider Global Trends Festival
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Register for the
Global Trends Festivalhere.
Social connection is a core human need. And the time is ripe for tapping into the virtual economy, which is poised for growth. So believes Kavin Bharti Mittal, one of India’s young entrepreneurs, who turned his start-up into a unicorn within four years of its launch.
By the time he finished his course and came home, he decided not to join his father, Sunil Bharti Mittal’s Airtel, unlike his twin brother Shravin. Instead, in 2012, he focussed on developing India’s first homegrown messaging platform,
Kavin’s zen-like approach to business and his calm demeanour helped even as the app ecosystem turned competitive. He unbundled the super app into messaging and gaming and creating new-age virtual experiences. Hike Moji is a way to communicate via emojis, while Hike Land is its innovative tryst with social media. He is also actively looking for ways to earn more revenue from its users, and virtual currency is one of them.
At the Global Trends Festival 2020, Kavin will share insights on India’s internet users, emerging trends, and ways in which companies can capitalize on bringing the next 200 million Indians to spend online.
Watch Sangita Reddy, President, FICCI, speak about women entrepreneurship and economic leadership at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Watch out for Prajakta Koli, the social media queen at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Robert Lewandowski, named Europe’s Footballer of the Year 2019-20, will speak at the Business Insider Global Trends Festival
- EXCLUSIVE: Communities, brand and then product — CEO explains how Stack Overflow flipped the script on software development
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister