Sensex jumps over 200 pts; Nifty tops 10,100 level
The 30-share index was trading 207.64 points, or 0.61 per cent, higher at 34,415.69.
Similarly, NSE Nifty advanced 59.45 points, or 0.59 per cent, to 10,151.10.
Bajaj Finance was the top gainer in the pack, rising around 3 per cent, followed by ONGC, Axis Bank, Tata Steel, IndusInd Bank and SBI.
Reliance Industries surged nearly 2 per cent to hit its 52-week high of Rs 1,684 after Mukesh Ambani said his flagship firm is now net-debt free after a record Rs 1.69 lakh crore fund raising in under two months.
On the other hand, Infosys, HCL Tech, Hero MotoCrop and M&M were among the laggards.
In the previous session, the BSE barometer settled at 34,208.05, up 700.13 points, or 2.09 per cent, while the broader Nifty jumped 210.50 points, or 2.13 per cent, to 10,091.65.
On a net basis, foreign institutional investors bought equities worth Rs 366.57 crore in the capital market on Thursday, provisional exchange data showed.
According to analysts, besides stock-specific actions, positive cues from global markets and fresh foreign fund inflows buoyed market sentiment.
Bourses in Shanghai, Hong Kong and Tokyo were trading with gains in early deals, while those in Seoul were in the red.
Stock exchanges on Wall Street ended on a positive note in overnight trade.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- New Fund Offers explained – Should you bite the bullet or stick to the tried and tested?
- Bullish domestic markets push up Rupee to 83.37/USD
- No Monday blues: Sensex scales 70,000-peak for the first time; Nifty crosses 21,000-level
- Initial Public Offerings (IPOs)
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study