Vodafone Idea to make big strategic announcement today, share price jumps by 6%
Vodafone Ideawill make a major strategic announcement today on its virtual platform.
- The company teased September 7 as a ‘big day’ on its official Twitter handle, setting the rumour mill on fire.
- Vodafone Idea is currently battling for its survival, with the recent adjusted gross revenue (AGR) ruling delivering a body blow to the company’s prospects.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
Vodafone Idea is all set to make a strategic announcement today, September 7. According to an exchange filing by the telecom company, it will make the announcement virtually at 11:45 am today.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 48% OFF
Pigeon by Stovekraft Amaze Plus Electric Kettle with Stainless Steel Body, 1.5 litres boiler for Water, instant noodles, soup etc.₹ 625₹ 1195Buy On
- 55% OFF
Glun Multipurpose Portable Electronic Digital Weighing Scale Weight Machine (10 Kg - with Back Light)₹ 356₹ 798Buy On
- 67% OFF
VR 18 Pcs - 3 Different Size Plastic Food Snack Bag Pouch Clip Sealer Large, Medium, Small Plastic Snack Seal Sealing Bag Clips Vacuum Sealer (Set of 18, Multi-Color) (Multicolor)₹ 99₹ 299Buy On
- 40% OFF
Prestige Electric Kettle PKOSS - 1500watts, Steel (1.5Ltr), Black₹ 745₹ 1245Buy On
- 56% OFF
Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise 1800 watt Induction Cooktop (Black)₹ 1399₹ 3193Buy On
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUSome reports suggest that this announcement could be a branding exercise, with the merged entity of Vodafone Idea getting a new logo, and perhaps a new brand name.
AdvertisementEarlier last week, Vodafone Idea announced a fundraiser of up to ₹25,000 crore, out of which ₹15,000 crore was said to be raised immediately.
Reports also suggest that US giants Amazon and Verizon are exploring an investment of over $4 billion (approx. ₹30,000 crore) in Vodafone Idea. This will allow them to pick up a major stake in the telco which is currently battling for its survival.
Back in May, there were reports that tech giant Google was exploring picking up a stake in Vodafone Idea. While the company’s shares surged by more than 30% when news broke, the deal has not materialized yet.
This comes at a time when the beleaguered telecom company has been dealt a serious blow by the Supreme Court in the adjusted gross revenue (AGR) case. In the verdict delivered on September 1, the Supreme Court directed Vodafone Idea to pay up the remaining ₹50,339 crore in AGR dues over a 10-year period, even though the company sought a 15-year payment timeline.
Only cash can save Vodafone Idea from a slow death
The AGR verdict could lead to a Reliance Jio and Airtel duopoly in the Indian telecom sector
Airtel and Vodafone Idea get 10 years to repay AGR dues – here’s a timeline of the case
- Small Printer for home needs in India
- With a $2 million funding from Sachin Tendulkar, Rajan Navani of digital entertainment and tech company JetSynthesys shares the roadmap ahead
- Here is a list of bank holidays in August 2021
- Best all-in-one printers in India in 2021
- Tokyo Olympics: Lovlina Borgohain assures a boxing medal for India by entering semifinals