Donald Trump's luxury hotel chain is reportedly the victim of a credit card breach
According to Krebs, the luxury hotel chain - which is owned by the famous millionaire who just announced his presidential candidacy - was the victim of a credit card breach. Sources became hip to the hack after noticing a trend of stolen user credentials all leading back to a Trump Hotel property.Krebs writes that sources from several banks "traced a pattern of fraudulent debit and credit charges to accounts that had all been used at Trump hotels." The breach could date as far back as last February.
This isn't the first hotel breach in recent memory. In fact, according to Krebs, luxury hotels Mandarin Oriental and White Lodging both reported data breaches in the last few months.Business Insider contacted Trump Hotels about these allegations. We'll update as soon as we hear back.
- Air conditioner and cooling brand Voltas India eyes double digit growth this summer
- Gautam Adani and Mukesh Ambani cumulatively lost nearly $7 billion as the markets plunged
- Dr. Reddy’s, TCS, Bandhan Bank and other stocks to watch out for on April 13
- Sushil Chandra appointed as Chief Election Commissioner with effect from April 13
- TCS has broken many records in the last three months — from revenue to new deals to new hiring