Delhi Crime, Four More Shots Please and Made in Heaven actor Arjun Mathur nominated for Emmy awards 2020
Delhi Crime, Four More Shots Pleaseand Made in Heaven actor Arjun Mathurare among the nominees for International Emmy 2020.
- Netflix’s original series, Delhi Crime — featuring Shefali Shah and Rasika Dugal is a recreation of events that happened before and after the horrific ‘Nirbhaya' gang rape in December 2012.
- The other Emmy nominee Four More Shots Please is about four best friends who make radical choices in love, career and friendship.
AdvertisementTwo Indian series — Delhi Crime and Four More Shots Please — have been nominated for
Emmy International has also nominated Bollywood actor, Arjun Mathur, for his role in Amazon Prime’s Made in Heaven series.
Emmy nominee Delhi Crime
Netflix’s original series, Delhi Crime — featuring Shefali Shah, Rasika Dugal is a recreation of events that happened before and after the horrific ‘ Nirbhaya' gang rape in December 2012. The seven-episode series portrays the intense police investigation followed by trauma and the horrific aftermath of a crime that shook the conscience of the nation.
Even as the show is criticised for praising the police too much, it gives a realistic picture of Indian police and their investigations.
Along with Delhi Crime, Netflix’s Criminal UK, Charité 2 Season 2, and HBO’s El Jardín de Bronce (The Bronze Garden) Season 2 are also nominated in the best drama category.
Emmy nominee Four More Shots Please
Amazon Prime’s Four More Shots Please has been nominated among Ninguém tá Olhando (Nobody’s Looking), Fifty and Back to Life in the best comedy category.
Four More Shots Please is about four best friends — a lawyer, a fitness expert, a journalist, and a millennial with mommy issues — who make radical choices in love, career and friendship.
Emmy nominee Arjun Mathur in Made in Heaven
Yet another Amazon Prime show that caught Emmy’s attention was Made in Heaven. The jury nominated Arjun Mathur for playing Karan Mehra — a sophisticated wedding planner from Delhi. Mehra’s story is that everybody knows he’s gay but his parents. He tries not to hurt his parents by following the stereotypes and marrying a young girl.
Along with Mathur, Billy Barratt in Responsible Child, Guido Caprino in 1994, and Raphael Logam in Impuros (Impure) Season 2 have also been nominated for Emmy award in the best performance by an actor category.
Last year, three Indian dramas — Sacred Games Season 2, The Lust Stories and The Remix — were nominated for the International Emmy Awards 2019 However, none won in their respective categories.
Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and 222 other Android apps were targeted by a new Trojan malware found stealing user credentials Harley-Davidson exits India as a part of its restructuring plan for the next five years
- Upcoming bike launches in November: From Ducati Multistrada to Royal Enfield Meteor and KTM 250, to 2021 Honda CB1000R, here’s the list
- Researchers identify new drug to treat Covid-19 patients
- Ice drug worth 2 crore seized, 2 held
- Nearly a third of RIL’s profit is shaved off by the dent in refining
- Reliance Retail clocks nearly as much revenue as a year earlier as COVID shock abates — but the Amazon threat looms