Exclusive: Young Key Koo, Managing Director CEO, Hyundai India on why the company's going from strength to strength
Young Key Koo, MD-CEO, Hyundai Motors India is smiling ear to ear. Why won’t he! The company that launched the Santro almost two decades ago has evolved into one of the most successful and loved automotive brands in the Indian market today. India is the third largest market for the brand, and it’s here that this Korean giant holds the maximum market share.
The company currently has a capacity of over six lakh units which can be hiked to 7.2 lakh units. While Hyundai might not look at a new location, it’ll bump up its production in phases beginning this year as well as in 2017 and 2018.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
After the grand success of the Creta (over 45,000 units sold in the last six months), the company felt it’s best to launch the Tucson – an SUV that’ll bridge the gap between the Creta and the flagship Santa Fe.
Business Insider India sat down with Mr. Koo to discuss the road ahead for this ‘affordable premium’ brand.
Image credit: Indiatimes
- Monero’s ‘Fluffypony’ joins John McAfee, Ross Ulbricht and Arthur Hayes behind bars — but for a non-crypto crime
- Dr Subhash Chandra reveals his plans of venturing into video in digital space
- IOB asks Union Bank to buy its stake in Malaysian bank
- Adani Group firm Adani Wilmar to raise ₹4,500 crore via IPO
- Travel portal Ixigo moves a step closer to IPO