Here's how the dating service company that owns Tinder makes money
Match Group, the company behind popular dating apps like Match and Tinder, filed to go public last week. The filings show Match generated $888.3 million in revenue last year, and $483.8 million in the first six months of this year.
Although the company is growing, a look at the company's financials show that Match heavily relies on a single source of revenue for its entire business: membership fees and other paid features.As seen in the chart below put together by Statista, Match Group made $415.3 million of its $483.8 million first-half revenue from membership fees and other paid features. That's over 85% of its total revenue. It was worse in the previous year: $799.5 millioin, or 90%, of the total $799.5 million revenue came from membership fees and other paid features.
- PL 2021: Here’s a look at how Punjab Kings vs CSK play against each other
- Goa and Gurugram recorded highest single day of covid 19 cases today
- Wipro fears it may lose its employees to competitors as there is an explosion of IT jobs
- Citibank to exit consumer banking business in India
- Checkout what is allowed and what is not in the new guidelines issued by the Delhi government