Here's Where Apple Bend-Tests The iPhone 6
CNBC's video doesn't show much - it's clear its crew was only allowed to shoot the facility from certain (i.e. two) angles.
Essentially, viewers see a machine that applies pressure to the iPhone repeatedly.
Apple told CNBC the iPhone 6 was tested over 15,000 times before being made available to consumers.
Apple's SVP of Marketing Phil Schiller said Apple had receieved just nine complaints from the roughly 10 million iPhone 6 owners in the US.
The testing facility isn't anything special. In fact, it resembles this description of Samsung's smartphone testing facility:
Here's an up-close shot of that testing facility (no mechanical butts, though):
- Vedanta partners with IIT-B to develop green steel technology
- Balaji Speciality Chemicals files draft papers for IPO
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority invests ₹665 crore in Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Jio vs Airtel: Which one will offer faster and more reliable 5G services?
- Investing in the times of uncertainty