How to make folders in Google Docs to organize your documents and files
- You can make folders in Google Docs to help organize your documents.
- You can also make a new Google Doc inside of a folder, so it's sorted automatically.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Organizing a messy digital drive can be a challenge. Managing your digital files inevitably involves organizing them into folders with meaningful names.Luckily, Google Docs offers a quick way to add folders right from a document you're working on. All files you create at docs.google.com are also automatically added to your account's Google Drive.
How to make folders in Google Docs
1. While you're logged into your Google account, go to docs.google.com.2. From your Google Docs home page, double-click to open one of your documents.
3. Click the folder icon at the top, next to your document's title, to create a new folder. In some cases there may be a Google Drive icon instead - it looks a bit like a triangle with flat edges. If so, still click it.4. A menu will open. Click the icon at the bottom of the menu that looks like a folder with a plus sign on it.
5. Name your new folder and click the check mark next to the naming text box.
Folders created in Google Docs will automatically show up in Google Drive.
How to create a new Google Doc inside a Google Drive folder
Creating a new Google Doc inside a folder is quick and easy and can be done in just two clicks.1. From your Google Drive homepage, double-click to open a folder.
Michelle Greenlee/Business Insider
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Get the latest Google stock price here.
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year