13 more test COVID-19 positive in Chandigarh, tally reaches 536
Four members of a family, including a baby and 82-year-old woman, who were staying at sector 55, contracted the infection, as per medical bulletin.Among other cases, two members of a family, including a 60-year-old man, residents of Manimajra, also tested positive, it stated.
The residents must wear masks at public places and strictly follow social distancing norms, said an official release quoting the Administrator.Bandore warned the lockdown, if necessary, will again be imposed, especially on weekends, to contain the spread of infection. He directed the director general of police to ensure the strict implementation of the curfew from 10 pm to 5 am.
It was also directed that all vehicles, found moving during curfew hours, will be seized by police, unless the driver is able to prove that he was on essential duty, the statement said.
G Dewan, Director, Health Services, said they had started a fresh house-to-house survey of the entire city for detecting asymptomatic cases.As a first step, sector 41 will be covered, an official release said. CHS VSD AQS AQS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A drug retail chain grew from ₹8 crore a year to ₹1000 crore without the MSME tag— the founder has lessons to share with other small biz
- China has decided to take global commodity bulls by their horns — to protect the profit margins of its small businesses
- Cash, capital and credit trickle down to small businesses at a frustratingly slow pace — tech can speed them up
- El Salvador is pushing for the use of Bitcoin with ATMs, digital wallets and free money — but participation is not ‘mandatory’
- Best rugged smartwatches in India