31-yr-old constable who died due to COVID-19 cremated, senior officials pay respect
Kumar, the first policeman in the national capital to die due to coronavirus, was posted at the Bharat Nagar Police Station in northwest Delhi, they said.
After his condition deteriorated on Tuesday evening, he was taken to the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, where he was declared brought dead by doctors.
Kumar's sample was sent for COVID-19 test and the reports came as positive on Wednesday, police said.
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal condoled the demise of the constable and said his family would be provided with an ex-gratia of Rs 1 crore.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Northern Range) Manish Agrawal, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Northwest) Vijayanta Arya and other officers of the district paid their last respects to the deceased at Punjabi Bagh crematorium.The joint commissioner of police interacted with the family members of Kumar and conveyed his condolences in this hour of grief. AMP SNESNESNE
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Unemployment rate in India sees a dip after a month
- L&T aims to become carbon neutral by 2040 and here's how
- Paytm may drop its pre-IPO sale as advisors recommend lower valuation
- Adidas onboards Deepika Padukone as its global brand ambassador
- The depth of India’s vaccination drive — Gujarat tops the list, UP and Bihar yet to vaccinate a third of their population