Andhra Pradesh government allows schools and colleges to reopen from November 2
- The Andhra Pradesh government on October 29 allowed all schools and colleges to reopen from November 2.
- Students of classes 9,10,11 and 12 can go back to school from November 2, while classes for grade 6,7,8 will resume from November 23.
- According to the government, schools with more than 750 students will have two working days per week.
The Andhra Pradesh government on October 29 allowed all schools and colleges to reopen from November 2 on alternate days.
Green light to reopen schools, colleges
This comes a week after the Andhra Pradesh government released guidelines for schools. According to the government, schools with more than 750 students will have two working days per week. Meanwhile, schools with less than 750 students will have three working days per week. The schools will operate only for half a day. Moreover, schools will have to ensure proper sanitation and physical distancing.
|Andhra Pradesh||To reopen from|
|Class 9,10,11 and 12||November 2|
|Classes 6,7,8||November 23|
AdvertisementThe Education Ministry had earlier released comprehensive guidelines for reopening schools and colleges in a phased manner. According to Unlock 5.0 guidelines released earlier, the government allowed schools to operate from October 15. However, the final decision to reopen the schools remains with the state government.
The coronavirus pandemic is showing a declining trend in India, except for two to three states. In September, India had reported the worst single-day spike of new COVID-19 cases at nearly 100,000. Over the past few days, India has been reporting less than 50,000 cases daily.
With it, children across several states — Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, and Sikkim — have been masking up and returning to the classroom. However, some of the states and union territories (UTs), including New Delhi, have decided not to re-open schools citing safety concerns raised by parents.
Three people killed, several injured in a ‘suspected’ terror attack in France
Maruti’s revenue rises 10% as car sales increase but high commodity prices dampen profit
Popular on BI
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders